Free Download: Intro to Brush Lettering Workbook
Whether you are a beginner or just looking to play around with new styles, I wanted to share my Introduction to Brush Lettering Workbook with you. The best part - it's free!
Tools You'll Need to Get Started
- Printer & Paper - To print the workbook in the comfort of your own home.
- Brush Marker - I prefer the Tombow Dual Brush Pens, but any brush-type marker will do.
That's it! To see a full list of my go-to lettering tools, click here. Otherwise, you're ready to go!
Some Tips on How To Use Your Pen
- The success of your brush lettering relies on pressure. The amount of pressure you place on the pen will allow you to transition from thick, bold lines to ultra-fine lines.
- Practice thin upstrokes and thick downstrokes.
- Hold your pen at an angle, about 45 degrees, with relatively loose grip. Using the pen upright will damage the tip of the pen.
- Lift between strokes, especially when changing direction. This will help with your spacing.
- Take it slow! I like to really take my time to form each letter.
- Practice, practice, practice. No one is perfect the first or even second time around. The more you practice, the better you'll become. :)
You're all set to become the next brush lettering master! Need more? You can get all of my workbooks here: CLICK HERE FOR ALL INSTRUCTIONAL BOOKLETS.